Wow we have some exciting times ahead of us. Not only do we have patch 5.5 arriving with a host of quality of life improvements but our server is also being merged on November 8th. The Red Eclipse, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and The Progenitor are all being combined into a single new server called "Darth Malgus". The best part is we don't have to do a thing!
- The guild, guild-ship and stronghold will be moved as whole so you won't be on your own!
- All your characters, strongholds and storage from the 3 servers will be moved over
- If you end up with more characters then the server limit (52) you will still be able to play them all, you just won't be able to create more characters until you delete enough to drop below the limit
- Guild character limit is staying at 1000
- The personal stronghold cap will be raised to 10
- If you have strongholds on more than one of the 3 source servers then you will have them all on the new server, so you could have more than one Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace
- If you go above the cap of 10 you can still use all your strongholds but you won't be able to purchase any new ones they add in the future until you deactivate enough to fall below the 10 threshold
- You won't have to redecorate so your lovely rooms full of chairs will stay as elegant as ever 😁
- Stronghold conquest bonus stays capped at 150%
- Achievements from multiple servers will be combined (highest progress wins)
- Achievements still in progress are maintained so you won't have to restart them
- Some of your character names may be in jeopardy! Because people on the three servers may have the same name BW have decided to solve the problem by having a priority list:
- If you are a subscriber you have priority on the name over F2P & preferred players
- If somebody of the same subscription status as you shares the name then it goes to the one with the most time played
- Characters that are level 10 or lower and which have not been logged for 90 days will lose their names to free them up
- Rename tokens will be going on discount at some point around the merge
- Friend & Ignore lists will transfer
- Appearance Designer tabs will transfer
What about the ToFN Stroke My Wookie guild?
Stroke My Wookie - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Stroke My Wookie - The Progenitor
After the merge I will rename the empty guilds which will revert our displayed guild name back to the normal version without the server name on the end. I'll keep the ToFN guild and guild ship for the moment until we have a use for them 😉
Buy your own personal guild ship & guild bank!
Max out your character slots
Thanks to Plague for this suggestion 👍
Claim your character name
- Head to the server select screen and try to create a level 1 character on both ToFN and Prog with the name you want
- If it lets you create level 1 characters on both ToFN & Prog then leave the one on Prog and delete the one on ToFN. Skip to step 5
- If it only lets you create the level 1 character on one of the servers then delete the character and skip to step 5
- If you discover the name is used on all three servers then you're fucked. It's still worth checking their character level in case they are all level 10 or lower but otherwise your only choice is to contact them and ask if you can have the name after the merge. Possibly sweeten things by offering them a character rename token once they are discounted
- Transfer+Rename Trick: Pick a well played high level character you don't mind transferring to ToFN/Prog until merge day. It does not need to be the character you actually want to have the name although it saves a few steps at the end if it is
- Don't transfer yet
- First head to ToFN or Prog (whichever does NOT have a character with your desired name) and create a new character with the name of the one you just picked to transfer
- Now transfer your high level character for 90CC to ToFN/Prog
- When it arrives on the other server the system will say the name has already been used and that you must rename your transferred character so give it the name you want to claim after the merge
- Now you should have a well played high level character on ToFN or Prog with the name you want, ready for merge day
- You have a character on TRE called Eric Múscô and you really wanted the proper spelling Eric Musco but somebody already had that version
- You do the who panel and friend panel test and see they are only level 7
- You then head to ToFN and Prog and try to create a character on each called Eric Musco
- You see there is a level 30 Eric Musco on Prog
- You find nobody has that name on ToFN so you create a new level 1 character there called Eric Múscô (name matches the one on TRE)
- You transfer your high level Eric Múscô from TRE to ToFN
- The server tells you it already exists and forces you to rename so you type Eric Musco
- Now you have a high level well played character on ToFN with the proper spelling for Eric Musco
- On merge day that one will have priority over the level 7 already on TRE and the level 30 on Prog *IF* you are a sub and they are not OR if you're /played time is greater than theirs
Special Note: Server character transfers will be disabled for one week before Merge Day and one week after (around 1st-15th) so you need to do this soon!
Buy 18 strongholds!
Currently you can't have them all active on the same server but that doesn't stop you having the last one active on another server. I didn't bother buying the Umbara train but I will now. I already have all the other strongholds unlocked on TRE & ToFN so I'll send a character with some credits over to Prog to buy another 6 strongholds there. After the merge I will still have at least 6 strongholds which are maxed out with chairs and paintings for my 150% stronghold bonus and then I can properly decorate the duplicates in my own time. I'll have 18 strongholds in total. Sure I'll have to deactivate 9 if they add another stronghold and I want it but I can deal with that when it happens.
Save your command packs
Fall Roadmap 2017
Galactic Crate content improvements – we’re adding another slot in each crate that, no matter what Tier you’re in, grants a small chance to receive a higher tier Mod/Enhancement, Grand Chance Cube, CXP Buff, or CXP consumable.
These are the big things that affect the guild and your characters but there are plenty more so make sure to go read the following links after finishing the news post! 😅
- United Forces Update
- Fall Roadmap 2017
- Dulfy's livestream notes (on Reddit)
- Compilation of Keith's after-stream Q&A responses
- Did you miss this?
~ Ula Vii ~
Iokath PvP War: New Achievements - Friday 20th October
We have run the Iokath PvP War a few times now and despite the massive loot trail lag issues the event has been good fun. We're running the event again as the datamined 5.5#3 data shows they may be adding some 6 more PvP achievements for the area:
- Traitor To Your Own - Defeat 50 Imps as an Imp - (20 Achievement Points)
- Defeating Your Own - Defeat 50 Reps as a Rep - (20 Achievement Points)
- The Fire of Aivela - Defeat 50 enemy players as Aivela (10 Achievement Point & 20CC)
- The Jealousy of Esne - Defeat 50 enemy players as Esne (10 Achievement Point & 20CC)
- Tyths Rage - Defeat 50 enemy players as Tyth (10 Achievement Point & 20CC)
- Walking All Over Them - Defeat 50 enemy players as a walker (10 Achievement Point & 20CC)
Signup for the event on Friday 20th and make sure to tell your friends as this event that is open to all.
Raiders: 5.x Squad Progression
It's been pretty quiet in raid town over the summer but things are heating up again as people return from their summer breaks. On November 28th the third boss from Gods From The Machine arrives: "Nahut the hated son" so it might be an idea for the teams which haven't already cleared Aivela & Esne to focus on them so they can tackle Nahut when he is released 👾
- Guild: 60/73 - 82%
- Dread Squadron: 12/16
- Shadow Squadron: 10/16
- Crimson Wolves: 10/16
- Phoenix Squadron: 8/16
- Ace Squadron: 8/16
- Omega Squadron: 7/16
- Suicide Squad: 4/16
- Reaper Squadron: 0/16
Ace Squadron >> Apply
Ace Squadron are seeking a melee/ranged DPS.
Dread Squadron >> Apply
Dread Squadron are seeking a new team member of any role as they can juggle the team around to accommodate you.
Omega Squadron >> Apply
Omega Squadron are seeking a ranged DPS.
Phoenix Squadron >> Apply
Phoenix Squadron are seeking two DPS.
Reaper Squadron >> Apply
Reaper Squadron are seeking tanks.
Shadow Squadron >> Apply
Shadow Squadron are seeking a healer.
We had a great House Party this month were we got around 60 people the achievements in 2.5 hours which is a pretty good speed for such a mixed crowd. Don't worry if you missed out this time as we run this event every 2-3 months with the next being planned for December so see you all next time 👍
3-Winner Blind Lottery Results
We ran a special Blind Lottery to mark our 100th. To make this a blind lottery for some extra fun I hid the ledger tab from all ranks so nobody knew who bought how many tickets. As Obi Wan famously said:
The final prize pot was 148.9 million credits with each wining roll getting them 49.63 million credits! The winners were: Bigslasher (35 tickets), Tony Stark (15 tickets) and Shiira (6 tickets) 💰
Next lottery begins on Tuesday 10th with the draw on Sunday 15th. You can read the full details of how the winners are picked on the lottery page. Play to win!
Get your free Korrealis Viceroy mount
- Open: https://account.swtor.com/user/codes
- Enter code: NYCANTINA17
- (If already logged in) Close game and log in again
- Check in-game mail for your Korrealis Viceroy mount
- You can also try these other codes from previous cantina events:
- SWCELEBRATION17 & NYCantina16 & SWCANTINA17
(...so we can torture him before finishing him and his haircut with a light saber)