Congratulations Wookies, today marks 10 years since our guild was founded and we started kicking ass! There are not many guilds that can say they survived the chaos of the early times, multiple server merges and 10 years of uninterrupted awesomeness!
My philosophy has been that if we provide fun events and a positive environment to ensure you enjoy your evenings then maybe your days will be a little brighter and that will ripple to others around you both in and out of the game. Our positive vibes clearly reached a lot of people as the guild has dominated the game for an entire decade which is no small feat. We've been the luxury guild home that members return to when they resub throughout the years so every member past and present shares in our success. I applaud you all 👏
10 Years Of Victories
- World Record: First guild to level 100
- World Record: First guild to level 200
- World Record: First guild to level 300
- World Record: First guild to level 400
- World Record: First guild to level 500
- World Record: Recently we celebrated our 400th first place conquest victory with a 95% win rate
- World Record: First guild to 1 billion conquest points in a single week
- World Record: We've scored more than 40 billion conquest points!
- EU Record: First EU guild to win 3 planets in a single conquest week
- World Record: First guild to have more than 1 million prestige points
- World Record: Warmaster Darknell has scored the most conquest points in the world!
- World Record: Lexendra won the world's fastest solo speed leveling record from 1-75 in 2h 52m
- World Record: Bjorn, Lexendra, Nim & Nyaard won the world's fastest team speed leveling record from 1-75 in 1h 46m
Back in December the devs made a big deal about it being the games 10th year and that it was such a special occasion they were going to throw a whole year of celebrations. This helped me realise that it wasn't just another guild birthday for us. It's a decade of achievements and victories. A decade of learning and self improvement. A decade of meeting new friends and a decade of incredible memories. Ten years of success is an amazing milestone for anything in life and for me it was a wake up call. It's time to see what I can do if I spend the next 10 years focusing the same energy on the real world! As we have always been an event focused guild, I decided to embrace the year of celebrations and run over 50 special events to mark the final chapter in the book of Stroke my Wookie. 😥
I kept my intentions secret so everybody could enjoy the party but as we enter the final months it is important that you are aware of what's coming so you can plan your future. July 4th is the guild's 10 year birthday and September 12th will be 10 years since I ascended the skull throne and claimed the mantle of Emperor. On that day I will either entrust lead to a successor or close the guild down.
A New Day, A New Beginning?
I have asked the officers if any of them want to continue the guild in their own image with one caveat; I'm taking the name with me into the void so that if the guild continues it will be a fresh start!
Update: Stuart will take lead of the guild on September 12th. It will be renamed to signify a fresh start and new direction. Check my comment below this news post for more information.
Grand Finale: Laugh It Up, Fuzzball!
There's no need to do anything right now. My last day is over 2 months away so the guild will continue to be as badass as ever until then 👊😁
I've planned three months of special events as a grand finale and starting with the next conquest, I have more than tripled our conquest rewards so you win 1 million credits for every 100k points. Thanks to Quartermaster Phrixi, we have several vaults of high value prizes to dish out in our daily Going Away Roster Giveaways!
- Champion Killers Server Event Series - Get the Tyrant and Liberator achievements
- Gree 100 Player Kills & 5000+ Manhunter Kills Server Event
- Guilds 10th Anniversary 10 Billion Credit Guild Lottery
- Guilds 10th Anniversary 10 Billion Credit Server Giveaway
- Loremasters Server Event Series - Get the Galactic Loremaster achievement and title
- Lots of the R-4 Anomaly Raid!
- Manhunter 50k Server Event Series - We'll do at least 25k each session
- Patch 7.1 Release 7.1 Billion Credit Guild Lottery
- PvP Massacre: Rakghoul, Manaan, Oricon & Yavin
- Treasure Hunters Server Event Series - Dozens of random fun achievements and titles!
- Singing Raid: Songs To Say Goodbye
- Goodbye Guild Lottery
- Drunken Monster Bash Server Event
- Make final news post
- Hand over guild lead or turn off the lights
Back in 2018 I met the love of my life. In 2019 I proposed by hiding a tiny note inside a Star Wars Rose ring and then putting that in the last box of the Christmas advent calendar. In June 2021 we got married with a small ceremony that my mom, auntie and an old friend attended and then in October as covid lockdown measures eased we were able to have a second slightly larger wedding in Germany so my wife's family could attend. I asked her to keep our relationship secret in-game as I wanted to protect her from the trolls who target me but I know it's been eating her up that she can't tell her friends so now this era is drawing to a close, I want her to have what she wished for and more so in super ultra dorky fashion... please accept my invitation to the in-game wedding of Ula Vii and Lexendra on Saturday September 10th 💗 (which will be followed by an absinthe fueled drunken Monster Bash as our final event!)
~ Ula Vii ~