Notify Message
Forums
#12212587 Mar 28, 2016 at 03:44 AM · Edited 9 months ago
Emperor
2935 Posts
Join the Stroke my Wookie DPS Club to show us where you stand in the rankings and see what kind of numbers you should be aiming for. If you wish to join in then please read the full rules and instructions on the DPS Club Rankings page 😎

Please post a reply below if you have any questions or contact our DPS Club Leaders who manage the boards: Grand Moff Flava'h & Grand Moff Louis
+1
#12225737 Mar 31, 2016 at 08:37 PM
26 Posts
Yunia Powertech AP

6561.74
:roto2:
+3
#12288604 Apr 15, 2016 at 05:42 PM
10 Posts
PT advanced prototype
6.1k
http://parsely.io/parser/view/160628
+0
#12292173 Apr 16, 2016 at 06:10 PM
Achievement ...
109 Posts
Little upgrade om my sorcerer madness: 6173.46
+2
#12300373 Apr 19, 2016 at 12:04 AM
Grand Moff
310 Posts
Powertech / Advanced Prototype.

6148.81

Flava'h
"A Wolf Doesn't Concern Himself With The Opinions Of Sheep"
+1
#12316776 Apr 23, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Achievement ...
109 Posts
Marauder Annihilation 7291.85

It's at least top for now, let's hope i can keep it ^^ (Master Dracuris is bit too close for comfort :P)
+4
#12317261 Apr 24, 2016 at 01:35 AM · Edited 2 years ago
35 Posts
#12316776 Blablajeroen wrote:

Marauder Annihilation 7291.85

It's at least top for now, let's hope i can keep it ^^ (Master Dracuris is bit too close for comfort :P)




Unfortunately, your log seems invalid.
1. You've opened with Annihilation, which mean you've had at least 4 rage on start (you've transferred this from another 'in-combet' state since marauder cannot generate rage without attacking first)
2. also, you seem to have full juyo form stacks right off the bat (greatly reducing annihilation cd) which is not possible without previously being 'in different combat...


+3
#12318512 Apr 24, 2016 at 02:13 PM
Achievement ...
109 Posts
#12317261 Fiend wrote:

#12316776 Blablajeroen wrote:

Marauder Annihilation 7291.85

It's at least top for now, let's hope i can keep it ^^ (Master Dracuris is bit too close for comfort :P)




Unfortunately, your log seems invalid.
1. You've opened with Annihilation, which mean you've had at least 4 rage on start (you've transferred this from another 'in-combet' state since marauder cannot generate rage without attacking first)
2. also, you seem to have full juyo form stacks right off the bat (greatly reducing annihilation cd) which is not possible without previously being 'in different combat...




Ehhh, well im obviously not trying to hide that I open with an annihilation by building stacks before the fight (which obviously also gives me the juyo stacks too). But i did this on all my parses, it's kind of my thing to just get that little boost on DPS on the start.

I don't really understand your point why this would be invalid, 1st of all it just shows up in parsely amongst the other parses, which is in my opinion the leading source here. 2nd, I've never read anything about this being not allowed in the rules of the DPS club: http://strokemywookie.com/pages/dps_club , especially rule 3. states that I can use any and all buffs (except heroic moments and other people's abilities). 3rd, my other parses (which usually have been in the top 5 over the last couple of months) were never declared as invalid, wouldn't it be a bit hypocritical to now declare this top parse suddenly invalid? (To maybe keep your own position in the DPS club?).

Sorry to sound rude this way Fiend, but I've worked hard for this parse in 1st Getting to know my rotation and especially best parse rotation, 2nd Thinking about the little things that can increase my dps such as which buffs i can use smartly and 3rd getting the nightmare pilgrim buff which increased my mastery with 50 points, so I am a bit little bit pissed that I probably won't get the credits I should get for this now as many will read your post now and will think that i've cheated.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, It's absolutely nothing personal against you, I do hope you can increase your own parse now that you know all this ^^
+1
#12318877 Apr 24, 2016 at 04:34 PM · Edited 2 years ago
35 Posts
#12318512 Blablajeroen wrote:


Ehhh, well im obviously not trying to hide that I open with an annihilation by building stacks before the fight (which obviously also gives me the juyo stacks too). But i did this on all my parses, it's kind of my thing to just get that little boost on DPS on the start.


Ok, so...

1. I haven't mentioned that you are a cheater at any point, i said i think that the log/parse is invalid and explained my reasoning (nothing personal there)
2. It's good that you add 'little things' to upgrade your parse, and it is a great score, but if you check the standard parse rules, and top parses on parsley, you'll see that this may be considered 'cheating' since parsing simulates boss encounters, and you are not able to get full rage + juyo stack + NP buff + nm buff and other things which you cannot have in 100% cases unless engaiging in different battles prior to it
3. As said, building juyo stacks and rage is not possible by marauder without engaging 'different' combat since you cannot generate it by yourself (as you can fury stacks with healing)

#12318512 Blablajeroen wrote:

I don't really understand your point why this would be invalid, 1st of all it just shows up in parsely amongst the other parses, which is in my opinion the leading source here.


As you can see, none other parses shown have this, it's a clue within clue ;)

#12318512 Blablajeroen wrote:

2nd, I've never read anything about this being not allowed in the rules of the DPS club: http://strokemywookie.com/pages/dps_club , especially 3. states that I can use any and all buffs (except heroic moments and other people's abilities).rule


This may be true, but i still think (IMHO only) that buffs/abilities gained from different combats and non-parse-related-buffs (pilgrim, np crystals...) are not valid (atleast in none of parse threads on swtor) (IMHO again)

#12318512 Blablajeroen wrote:

3rd, my other parses (which usually have been in the top 5 over the last couple of months) were never declared as invalid, wouldn't it be a bit hypocritical to now declare this top parse suddenly invalid?



I'm not a parse police to check all parses, i saw a good parse results and wanted to check it (maybe learn something from there) and saw *this, and wanted to challenge it (if it's 'valid' most of other people (including me) will surely learn from you and use all that to improve...
#12318512 Blablajeroen wrote:

(To maybe keep your own position in the DPS club?).


Yes, this is my sole occupation for life!
Lame!

#12318512 Blablajeroen wrote:

Sorry to sound rude this way Fiend, but I've worked hard for this parse in 1st Getting to know my rotation and especially best parse rotation, 2nd Thinking about the little things that can increase my dps such as which buffs i can use smartly and 3rd getting the nightmare pilgrim buff which increased my mastery with 50 points, so I am a bit little bit pissed that I probably won't get the credits I should get for this now as many will read your post now and will think that i've cheated.


Whether this parse is approved or not, has nothing to do with my comment, it's not my rules or opinion that matters, i've only made the challenge since i disagree with it (doesn't mean anyone backs me up or shares my thought)

gz on the parse, no hard feelings
+2
#12318878 Apr 24, 2016 at 04:34 PM
17 Posts
getting the nightmare pilgrim buff which increased my mastery with 50 points

I don't care about all this parsing but this is kinda wrong to me, the idea of a parse is to get the best rotation for actual ops.
Getting this buff gives you an advantage that others done so it isn't a realistic parse.

Another bigger issue is that he stacked annihilation buff, and reduced the cd on the highest dmg ability from 14 secs to 9 sec + he got stacks of juyo form for more dmg/ crit

This is either smart or sneaky, either way its iffy as the highest marauder parse has 13.x seconds between first and 2nd annihilate and he has 8.x seconds between 1st and 2nd annihilate but u went straight for it , again its not what id call an even parse to the rest.

I wouldnt normally comment but when you wrote:
'It's at least top for now, let's hope i can keep it ^^ (Master Dracuris is bit too close for comfort :P)'

It kinda annoyed me as drac isnt too close to you, infact on what id call a proper fair parse you are still well behind and as much as it kills me to say 'Damage Master Dracurius' is still top.
+4
#12318931 Apr 24, 2016 at 04:52 PM
111 Posts
I personally have engaged a boss many times with stacks, be it on my marauder or perhaps my powertech or even my mercenary, all of which i got while defeating the adds on the way there, If blabla found a way to get some buffs that everyone else can achieve then everyone else should get them, just shows he is very dedicated, which i admire a lot!

And since the rules state you can use any buff other than heroic moment or other peoples buff's then he has obeyd the rules and deserves to be #1 until someone else beats him.

Granted other people dont agree on this, and that is fair enough, but rules are rules and as long as he keeps within them i dont see there is even an issue here
+0
#12318999 Apr 24, 2016 at 05:13 PM
135 Posts
If only we could fly!
+3
#12319003 Apr 24, 2016 at 05:13 PM
Emperor
2935 Posts
Well most of you are going to hate me but the parse counts. He stuck to the rules and thought of something the rest of you didn't and as Casper says, now you know about it, you can do it. It's pretty interesting imo as it opens a new avenue of possibilities in several ways πŸ˜‰

Look, the contest is about who's got the biggest score, not who is the best DPS to have with you on a raid. Reading the parses to see how they did it and discussing it was one the goals with the DPS Club but tbh I think I've only seen anyone discuss rotations in the comments maybe once in all months we've run this.

It's awesome that Fiend did check the logs and noticed Blabla's actions as each of you being as diligent is how we identify cheaters or as in this case, unusual behavior.

If any of you have crazy ideas you want to try out but are uncertain if they would count as cheating then ask. Either do it here in public or private mail me on the site.

I will be updating the scoreboards at the end of the month as usual but after that I am handing it over to Casper as he's HTML savy and I trust he can handle job. This should mean you get more frequent updates.
+2
#12319014 Apr 24, 2016 at 05:16 PM
38 Posts
#12318931 Casper6060 wrote:

I personally have engaged a boss many times with stacks, be it on my marauder or perhaps my powertech or even my mercenary, all of which i got while defeating the adds on the way there, ...



This is really sad to hear from a raider. Stacks for powertechs and mercenarys don't solely come from defeating adds and using their abilities on them. They have abilities/utilities to gain them before a fight. It's ment for them to have them at start and if you don't have them before you start a fight, you have very much to learn and shouldn't play that class in hardmode or nightmare content.

What blabla did is something completely different. His class and spec cannot build these stacks beforehand a normal fight. They are ment to come during the fight and not exist at the start. I don't play a marauder but I was told that the buffs he gets from doing so increase his dmg potential that much that he should be way higher in dps.
-4
#12319015 Apr 24, 2016 at 05:16 PM
17 Posts
' the rules state you can use any buff other than heroic moment or other peoples buff's then he has obeyd the rules and deserves to be #1 until someone else beats him' .

The whole aim of parsing to to find the best possible rotation for actual ops and trying a change in rotation or stats for the best possible outcome.

It should be a fair contest and in this instance Mara vs mara , whos the best and has the luck with crits.

its pretty simple Annhilite hits for 15 k and when you decrease its CD from 14 secs to 8.2 secs its obvious its a huge buff to damage you deal , and you can decrease its CD by only attacking the boss.

so he attacked the dummy to get the stacks up and to me a parse starts on the 1st action. and he eft the combat and started again, effecticly starting the combat with 8.2 sec on Anni instead of 14 secs.

The fact you see nothing wrong with this amazes me
+1
#12319033 Apr 24, 2016 at 05:24 PM · Edited 2 years ago
Emperor
2935 Posts
You are upset because you see the DPS Club as something for which it is not. Nowhere in the description does it even mention "What's best" for raid situations.

Clearly split opinions on this.

I think I've been pretty clear where I stand but then I only set this up for you lot. I can create a vote about the purpose of the DPS Club if you all want me to.
+2
#12319035 Apr 24, 2016 at 05:24 PM
135 Posts
Personally i would not lean too much on parse results for OPS results. Rotation on a dummy can be super duper awesome, but the rotation in a very movement heavy fight will be quite different (SHOULD be different). OPS dps is a lot about timing specific abilities in between movement.

Back in the day when i was with the dragons i didn't really care about people with parse results, i cared about how they performed in operations. To me it is a very different thing. And that is also the reason i don't care about these parse results. Isn't the idea with the DPS "parse" club to just get the highest DPS on a dummy? I never read the rule: "highest DPS on dummy that is also viable in OPS". Could be that i missed something though.
+2
#12319069 Apr 24, 2016 at 05:36 PM · Edited 2 years ago
War Leader
148 Posts
#12318878 wadey wrote:

getting the nightmare pilgrim buff which increased my mastery with 50 points



On all leaderboards since they started with the rule system in 2.0 has had nightmare pilgrim banned. There were earlier leaderboards which didn't have the rule, simply because people didn't know much, nor looked into potential buffs. But nightmare Pilgrim buff has always been banned from parsing as shown here. So it does seem off to use it for a parse.

#12318877 Fiend wrote:

3. As said, building juyo stacks and rage is not possible by marauder without engaging 'different' combat since you cannot generate it by yourself (as you can fury stacks with healing)


Earlier parsing maras used to spec into Brooding from the old spec tree to get their fury up to full. This is taken directly from dulfy's old guide:
Once you know all your talents well enough and can reposition your hotkeys quickly, you can respec into Carnage for the Brooding talent, use Channel Hatred to generate 30 stacks of Fury, then quickly respec back and reset your hotkeys to have a full stack of Fury for use at the beginning of a fight. This is particularly useful for difficult fights, or those with an important burn phase at the beginning of the pull.


Operatives used to spec into concealment as well before a parse to get acid blade, then back to lethality for more continuous damage on single target. Which is exactly the same, and that was utilized in all top operative parses back then.

Brooding is a utility now, so that can be used here as well. Now with that fury stacked up you can utilize that to get the rage. All a mara has to do is spec into Thirst for Rage, so Bloodthrist generates 12 rage when activated. Assuming people activate that in the beginning together with Frenzy + Berserk combo, then rage is sorted. However if this wasn't used, then yup, that's probably another dps gain.

Using utility points for such things may seem off, since you wouldn't use the same utilities in a boss fight, but that' just getting the top parse, + people could use those, even if they would be better of with others, considering damage taken and mobility.

The annihilation part, however, i don't fancy that bit myself either. Seems unfair, and I haven't seen it utilized in a single boss fight, where a mara had 4 stacks before the fight began, since the fight includes countdown, tactics etc. And it's a unique thing which other classes can't really benefit from or "exploit" in the same way.

#12318878 wadey wrote:

It kinda annoyed me as drac isnt too close to you, infact on what id call a proper fair parse you are still well behind and as much as it kills me to say 'Damage Master Dracurius' is still top.



These things do contradict with what i would expect from people uploading a parse to parsely to rise to the top there and on the old tor-parse site, but since it was used to for the DPS club, which has unique rules, and it follows the rules set for that, then 1st place is his.
+4
#12319101 Apr 24, 2016 at 05:46 PM
111 Posts
#12319014 Blinx wrote:

#12318931 Casper6060 wrote:

I personally have engaged a boss many times with stacks, be it on my marauder or perhaps my powertech or even my mercenary, all of which i got while defeating the adds on the way there, ...



This is really sad to hear from a raider. Stacks for powertechs and mercenarys don't solely come from defeating adds and using their abilities on them. They have abilities/utilities to gain them before a fight. It's ment for them to have them at start and if you don't have them before you start a fight, you have very much to learn and shouldn't play that class in hardmode or nightmare content.

What blabla did is something completely different. His class and spec cannot build these stacks beforehand a normal fight. They are ment to come during the fight and not exist at the start. I don't play a marauder but I was told that the buffs he gets from doing so increase his dmg potential that much that he should be way higher in dps.


Ofc i know that a powertech can gain stacks without adds and so can a merc with kolto shot, so i know whta i'm talking about, YOU on the other hand saying i should not go to HM or NiM's, this i take as big insult and i would like you to watch what you are saying since what you are basically saying is i suck, which i do not. So unless you completely misunderstood what you said i would ask you to be quiet
+0
#12319534 Apr 24, 2016 at 08:01 PM
Achievement ...
109 Posts
Marauder Annihilation 7184.17

To shine my light on the situation, I can understand why you think my earlier parse shouldn't count for parsely, but i think it should count for the DPS club, think of it as a new innovative way to get the highest score. As for parsely, It's fine for me if it would be declared invalid, but as long as it still shows up on parsely there is nothing I can do about it.
+2